expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Thursday, September 4, 2014

Welcome September!!

I'm so excited that September is finally here! September welcomes my favorite season of them all; Autumn!  September is off to a great start; with lots going on!
 
It's harvest time!  I got these tasty peaches while I was down at my parent's.  The price was such a great deal, that I bought a whole box!  Not only do I have peaches to freeze, but bunches of dill pickles to make, and cabbage to shred/freeze!
 
Labor Day weekend was off to a great start.  I managed to hammer out a 9 mile training run; the longest distance I've run since my 15K (9.1 mi) in June. A definite thumbs up for this one; I beat my 15K race time by 5 minutes!
 
Later on Saturday, a beautiful wedding to attend!  Matt's cousin Josh was married to his long time sweetheart Nicole.

The Bride, Groom, and Groom's family

Aside from running, I'm also doing a lot of biking these days.  I discovered a new trail last night; the Bruce Vento Trail.  So beautiful! This trail links up with my favorite trail; the Gateway Trail.

Wide open spaces; trails around Lake Phalen.

I decided to enter a race for this Saturday; the Teal for Strides 5K! This is the shortest race I've done this year, but not the last! And speaking of signing up for races....

There's no turning back!!  I'm now officially signed up for the Monster Dash Half Marathon! This will be my very first half marathon! But before I get this one under my belt, there's going to be a little time for this...

Vacationing in Vermont!!  Our long anticipated vacation is coming up fast!  I've wanted to visit Vermont ever since I was a kid... and it's finally going to happen!  What's not to love about Vermont; mountains, covered bridges, bed & breakfast inns, and miles upon miles of gorgeous fall color!

2 comments:

  1. I cannot WAIT to see your pictures and hear about Vermont! It is one of the places I really want to go someday too!

    Awesome strides in your running!! So proud of you!

    Those peaches look deeeeelish! This is the time of year that I really miss the North.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I plan to take a whole buttload of photos out there! I'll be sure to share them all!
      We're in our fall temps today, and I absolutely love it! We were going to go up to the North Shore last weekend, but decided against it because of rain. Rumor has it trees are starting to turn up there already! I just love camping up there in the fall too; gorgeous!

      Delete