expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Monday, August 18, 2014

Weekend visits

This weekend was all about catching up with some friends!  Friday night I had a great visit with my longtime friend of 20+ years, Jolene! We haven't seen each other for a good many years.  She was home from Texas for a quick visit, and we had a chance to get together for a few hours in St. Paul. 
 
Jolene and I; we never get together enough!  Living far apart makes it tough, but somehow we always pick up right where we left off!  I'll have to take a road trip to Texas one of these days!  :)
 
On Saturday, I headed into Minneapolis to get a hair cut (4" off!).  Before my appointment, I stopped by to see my previous landlord in NE.  It was great catching up with her and hearing about the changes in our old neighborhood.  This is a photo of the house that was next door to us.  For 4-6 years, this place sat abandoned.  There were no windows, siding was rotting, the interior was an absolute mess, and the yard was nothing but weeds and piles of dirt.  Many a stray cat lived here, as well as the occasional raccoon or two upstairs. I simply cannot believe how amazing this looks now!  It's not the same house that I lived next to!
 
A steamy day today in Minnesota.
This weekend the mugginess hit Minnesota, with dewpoints spiking back up into the high 60's and even into the 70's.  The swampiness left me struggling on Sunday during my 7.6 mile run (I couldn't reach 8).  We've been fortunate so far to have a nice cool summer; I am hoping the humidity goes away soon!

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like an amazing weekend. Wow - 7.6 mile run!? I need to take some pointers from you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Running that distance is somewhat challenging! It's a lot of mental motivation; believing that you can really go the distance!

      Delete
  2. I am so sad that we can't meet up for dinner every weekend! PLEASE come to Texas!! You know you all are welcome here ANYTIME!! Maybe we could do a race together here and there (Twin Cities Marathon? You know you want too!!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has to go on my bucket list... to get to Texas in the future!! Racing together would be awesome! You would leave me in the dust! Ha ha ha

      Delete