expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Memorial Weekend 2014

Hooray for Memorial Day weekend!  For the last few years, I've had to work the Saturday of Memorial Day weekend; this year I lucked out!  Normally, we would take advantage of the long weekend and head up north for a camping trip.  This year, we stuck around the metro to attend Matt's friend's wedding.
 
All decked out!  Matt and I at the reception.  Matt went with the Mohawk 'do.  :)

Time for a goofy selfie!!

Cheers to the couple (and to open bar)!

Matt giving his best Dean Martin impersonation.

Matt with his friend Jake ( groomsmen, middle) and the Groom's brother.
The wedding reception was a lot of fun, and though I had only met a few random peeps from the wedding just once before, I still let loose out on the dance floor and we both had a great time!  Sunday was followed by "veg out" day, both of us sluggish from the night before.

Normally I take my long jogs on Sunday, but since we were both dragging from Saturday's wedding events, I ran on Memorial Day instead.  Look, it's the running tomato!!  Monday was rather warm and humid, with dew points in the mid 60's; perfect conditions for sweating my ass off. My training schedule was to run 7 miles that day.  It was 7 miles of hell, but I did it anyway!  This was around mile 5, my face red as a tomato.  The tune "Summer Breeze" was playing at this time; and let me tell you, the summer breeze wasn't making me feel very fine right then!  Ha

By the time my run was finished, I had "sausage" fingers!  My normal sized fingers on the top photo, my chubby sausage links below.  Yikes!  Lots of water guzzling when I got back home...

The fun didn't stop there!  After I got back from my exhausting run, we continued working on the back yard projects. We began putting in the dry rock bed along the side of the garage. After a couple passes with the tiller, soil grade was adjusted before laying the rock. 

The beginning stages of the dry river bed.  Finally, all the rock we've been finding in the yard goes to good use!

A couple more photos of the tulips from the back yard..


2 comments:

  1. Those tulips are just plain *gorgeous*!! I love your dress for the wedding!

    When it's really humid and swampy (when you know you're going to sweat a lot), some of my friends have suggested salt tabs (s-caps). I think you can buy them on amazon...anyway, they help to eliminate sausage fingers (I too am a victim) and can help you from getting dehydrated. My goal is to run outside more during the summer and I am planning on investing in some.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really enjoyed those tulips this spring! It was a nice pick me up from the giant muddy torn up eye sore of our yard right now.

      Thanks for the anit-sausage tip! I'll have to look for those on amazon. Last night was much better in respects to sausage fingers; the dew points were not as high. But we both know how Minnesota gets in the summer, just like Texas I'm sure! It's hard running in that blasted heat! But, I figure if I could get out once a week this winter and run through 15 degree weather with close to zero windshields, I can do this too! We'll both struggle through the swampiness together!

      Delete