expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Thursday, October 30, 2014

Monster Dash Half Marathon

Last Saturday (October 25th) I completed a milestone goal of mine; to run a half marathon before my 40th birthday! St. Paul held it's annual Monster Dash race, where some 18,000 participants ran either a 5K, 10 mile, or Half Marathon.  This was my last race goal of the year, after running for the first time ever a 7K, 10K, 15K, and now half marathon.

Packet pick up for the race was last Friday.  The lines were long!  All my goodies, which included a Monster Dash race jacket, bib, timer chip, and some goo packets for energy.
 
Race day morning!  The St. Paul Cathedral in downtown St. Paul; where the race started.

Running a half is no easy task!  Around mile 11, my foot was cramping so bad that I couldn't run.  Everything hurt. But mile 13 was sure a beautiful sight to see!! With .1 mile to the finish, Matt, who had been waiting on the sidelines for me, ran with me and cheered me on as we crossed the finish line together.  


 
I find this photo funny; he looks more tired than I do!!  Ha ha ha :P

YES!!! FINISHED!!!

Proudly holding my race medal afterwards. Total run time: 2 hours, 36 minutes.  Satisfying time for a first time (there will probably be more)!!  
 
 



2 comments:

  1. I LOVE your finish photos!! You look adorable and I love that Matt was there to finish with you!!

    I am SO SO SO proud of you!!!!

    Running a half is far from easy, but you did it and even finished with a smile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!
    I couldn't of done it without your encouragement along the way! You're such a great inspiration!! :)
    I have a new found respect for those who run halfs and full marathons! It's really hard and it takes a LOT of strong mentality to push through it!
    Congrats to you too for finishing your marathon!! That one sounded tough!

    ReplyDelete