expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Sunday, April 27, 2014

Get in Gear


On Saturday, April 26th I accomplished another running goal.  I participated in the 37th annual Get in Gear run and completed my first ever 10k (6.2 mi) race! Despite my recent running struggles due to a healing bruised tailbone, achy shins from worn out shoes ( they were replaced before race day), and lower back pain, I nailed it!!


Packet pick up on Friday, the eve of race day. Many tents were up and ready to go at the Minnehaha park pavilion in Minneapolis. 
 
Crossing the finish line.  Woo-hoo!

 
 
Post race shortly after crossing the finish line. Yo Adrian, I did it! Matthew was there as well, cheering me on at mile 3 and then again at the finish line. Having him there was just the boost I needed to keep me going!

Though there was no medal for this race (only for the half runners), I still walked away with this free tee, my bib, and of course, the pride of my accomplishment! 

2 comments:

  1. This post makes me SO happy!! You are checking off those "mile" stones quickly and confidently. I've always thought if you can do a 10k, you can do a half. I only made it to 8 miles during the first half I trained for. At this rate you are going to *rock* it!! So proud of you!! PS Keep yourself in good shoes....as you can see, they can create a world of hurt! I keep loose track of the mileage on all of my shoes. They are shot around 400 miles. PROUD of you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. THANK YOU!! I was so nervous for this one, but once I hit mile 3, I starting feeling better about it. I really believe it's about 90% mental; if you think you can, you will! I'm shooting for a 15K in June (that's a big maybe), then my half in October. I'm half way there!! :) Thanks for your support; your running keeps me motivated to keep up with mine!!

    ReplyDelete