expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Friday, July 5, 2013

Packing and Cleaning Out

When it comes time to move, the packing is never fun.  For my Fourth of July, I spent the day packing up and cleaning out items.  My goal was to haul everything up from the basement and either throw it out, or set it aside in the spare bedroom until moving day.  Now normally hauling something up from a basement wouldn't be a big chore, but in this case, wanting to even make my way to the basement was a chore.  It's CREEPY.  Not "it's dark down there" kind of creepy; no, rather "what's going to crawl out of the wall, and land on me" kind of creepy. 

First, I had to open the "trap door" on the floor to get down there (which, I scraped my leg against a large rusty nail protruding from the side of it).  Then, I had to not trip on the way down while taking the 3" wide, crumbling cement stairs.  I had to watch out for webs.  They were all over the place, many of which my hair swept them clean from the rafters.  Finally, after  ducking water pipes, rafters, and web traps, I reached  the room.  

THIS ROOM.
 
 
 
 This chair was in the very same spot as it appears in this photo when I moved in.  I can't help but think, what was it doing there?  What was this room before I had used it as a storage area?  Torture chamber comes to mind every time I see it.  It's eerie.  Makes for a good Halloween card I say!  Once I had removed my stored things and returned it to its "original state", I snapped this shot, as one final memory to take with me, and a reminder that sometimes, it's better to leave some questions unanswered.  
 
 
 



1 comment: